Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading IOS on Cisco Aironet 1200 Series

I am currently running;

c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2

Version 12.2(8)JA

Looking for some documentation or a list on cisco site that shows latest IOS versions and if there is a newer version I should be looking to use on these. Any advice would be appreciated.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Upgrading IOS on Cisco Aironet 1200 Series

Well it looks like v12.3.8 is the latest if you have the 1200

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=277026213&flowid=7580&softwareid=284180979&release=12.3.8-JEE&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
8 REPLIES

Chris,

If it ain't broke, no need to upgrade. Now if you still want to upgrade, the thing is that you need to have a smartnet contract in order to download images. My opinion for autonomous is stay with v12.4.x.

-Scott

Thanks for the quick response. It probably aint broke so I agree with you... I've just had some small issues with certain devices users are bringing in (iphones) that I was wondering if a newer IOS would resolve. I don't have direct access to the smartnet contract to login ( I assume the fixes etc are listed in that site ) as thats handled by someone else.

Wondering if IOS update "info" is listed somewhere convenient on Cisco's site for people to read about fixes/patches etc without having to login with a smartnet id?

Well it looks like v12.3.8 is the latest if you have the 1200

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=277026213&flowid=7580&softwareid=284180979&release=12.3.8-JEE&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

-Scott

Perfect. Thanks for the link. This is what I need.

Apple devices are tricky. The hard part is that your AP is very old and many here don't have them in production anymore to really get feedback. That AP has lasted a very long time and eventually might start to fail. I have one in my lab, but it hasn't been turned on in about 5 years.

-Scott

Do you happen to know if the iOS upgrade would enable tkip because I can't currently use it as it is not an option. I was wondering whether mixed modes is the problem.

It depends on the hardware you have and the code version. If you don't have the option to configure WPA TKIP, then you need to look at if the radio module supports that or the code. Typically older devices so. Post the show version

-Scott

Try looking at this link. Your device should support WPA TKIP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801c40b6.shtml

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content