cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WLSE...

jdodson
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a wirless network with AP1220's and the WLSE 2.9 I have added twenty new AP1242's with IOS 12.3(8)JEA. I can't get the WLSE to recognize any of the new AP's. They are registering with WDS but cannot be discovered by the WLSE. After much research it appears that WLSE 2.9 doesn't support the new AP1242's or IOS 12.3(8)JEA. It looks like the last available version WLSE 2.13.1 does. How do I go about upgrading from my current WLSE 2.9 to the newest version 2.13.1

I believe this will resolve my issues. I go to software center but nothing avaiable for downloading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

I had a look at the link listed in Step 1 (below) and the 2.13 files are available;

Upgrading to Release 2.13.1

This section gives an overview of the upgrade procedure. For details, see the relevant Readme file.

1. Navigate to the software download area on Cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/wlan-sol-eng

Here you will find the Readme files and software images.

2. Read the following image Readme: WLSE-2.13.1-K9.readme-V1.txt

3. (Strongly recommended) Back up the WLSE database. The upgrade attempts to preserve the WLSE database, but a new backup is needed in case of errors during the upgrade. For information on backing up and restoring the WLSE database, see the online help or the User Guide for the CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine, Release 2.13.

4. Install the WLSE 2.13.1 upgrade image on a repository.

5. Install the upgrade image on the WLSE.

6. If necessary, restore the backup from Step 3.

7. Run a manual inventory on all managed devices. This ensures that radio management functionality will work correctly. For information on running inventories, see the online help or the User Guide for the CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine, Release 2.13.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_upgrade_guides09186a00805f45fd.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hey, thanks for the info. I understand the upgrade procedure, but if I goto the software download center, there are no files available for the WLSE. Try your link and see what I mean.

Hi Jeffrey,

The zip files and readme text for the upgrades are there once I login with my CCO info. I just clipped this excerpt from the 2.13 Readme;

If you are running WLSE Release prior to 2.11, you will have to perform an intermediate upgrade to 2.11 or 2.12 and then a final upgrade to 2.13. If the existing data on WLSE is not needed, then you may freshly install 2.13 using the WLSE 2.13 Recovery CD.

From this readme doc;

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/cw2000/wlan-sol-eng/WLSE-2.13-K9.readme-V1.txt

If you can't access the files you should open a Tac case and then they can check your access etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card