I currently have a wirless network with AP1220's and the WLSE 2.9 I have added twenty new AP1242's with IOS 12.3(8)JEA. I can't get the WLSE to recognize any of the new AP's. They are registering with WDS but cannot be discovered by the WLSE. After much research it appears that WLSE 2.9 doesn't support the new AP1242's or IOS 12.3(8)JEA. It looks like the last available version WLSE 2.13.1 does. How do I go about upgrading from my current WLSE 2.9 to the newest version 2.13.1
I believe this will resolve my issues. I go to software center but nothing avaiable for downloading.
Here you will find the Readme files and software images.
2. Read the following image Readme: WLSE-2.13.1-K9.readme-V1.txt
3. (Strongly recommended) Back up the WLSE database. The upgrade attempts to preserve the WLSE database, but a new backup is needed in case of errors during the upgrade. For information on backing up and restoring the WLSE database, see the online help or the User Guide for the CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine, Release 2.13.
4. Install the WLSE 2.13.1 upgrade image on a repository.
5. Install the upgrade image on the WLSE.
6. If necessary, restore the backup from Step 3.
7. Run a manual inventory on all managed devices. This ensures that radio management functionality will work correctly. For information on running inventories, see the online help or the User Guide for the CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine, Release 2.13.
The zip files and readme text for the upgrades are there once I login with my CCO info. I just clipped this excerpt from the 2.13 Readme;
If you are running WLSE Release prior to 2.11, you will have to perform an intermediate upgrade to 2.11 or 2.12 and then a final upgrade to 2.13. If the existing data on WLSE is not needed, then you may freshly install 2.13 using the WLSE 2.13 Recovery CD.
Transferring Crash file from standby:
Login to the Active WLC in HA.
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload filename <Desired filename>
(Cisco Controller) >transfer up...
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark and OmniPeek.
The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More filters will be added as time allows.
It is a living doc, so check back for changes every so often
Please feel ...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series)
The script should be completely self explanatory.
Powershell SNMP Module (Install-Module -Name SNMP)
SNMP Write Access to...