Views
Helpful
Replies

Upstream traffic rate limit

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Upstream traffic rate limit is not supported by WLC . It will be done by AP.

We have setup of Auto anchor for both corporate and guest(but authentication mechanism is diffrent) . They wont access any internal resouce .Only interner traffic is permitted.

So can we limit the internet traffic for guest users .? If we limiting the upstream traffic at the AP level what would be the concerns we may face?

Kindly help on this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vijay

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

v7.3 allows both upstream and downstream to be limited. Or you can setup the control on the wired side. Here is a doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080baf502.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Mr.Scott for the response . If i put the rate limit on SSID base , how the AP will react ?

I m allowing 2Mbps for guest SSID . I am having 20 AP's and say 10 clients in each AP.

How the bandwidth will be shared to guests ? And at which place ? in the AP itself or at WLC ?

Kindly help .

Thanks,

Regards,

Vijay.

upstream rate limiting is done on ap while downstream is done on wlc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you need to understand also is a per user contract with 1000 users can still fill up your Internet pipe. So you need to either look at if you want a per user or per WLAN or police it at the L3.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vijay,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Please refer table 1 of the given link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bd3900.shtml

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card