Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Urgent...1300 Bridge specs inquiry

Hi...

I am in the process of preparing an RFP for connecting two outdore buildings using wirelss cisco p2p bridges. The buildings are 10m apart and I am looking for a cost effective solution. Approx. 15 users are located to the building we plan to connect to our network (6500 IOS core and 2950 switches). I have found the 1300 to be a good option. My inquiries are:

1- Is the cisco security suite that includes TKIP, 802.11i, Hardware accelerated AES encryption free of cost or has to be ordered separately. And if so what basic security do I get for free.

2- In the data sheet of the 1300, it says it supports 16 vlans, does this mean that all the other vlans from my vtp server will not be transported to via the 1300 to the 2950 in the building?

3- I have read about the 1400 bridge but couldnt find much difference between it and the 1300, even AES is not present. What is the major advantage over the 1300?

4- What is the most suitable antenna for this deployment senario, point to point, and of course, the most secure.

5- What cisco specific feature does the 1300 bridge support and other vendor wireless bridges do not, I am guessing vtp is one?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content