cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent requirement of Mesh Network

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

I want to ask regarding mesh network in a campus based enviroment.

suppose i have a campus of 8 blocks and each block consist of 4 floors.

now some block are back to back and some are far away.

my question is that if i want to connect these block than 1500 series required but

what about the clients situated in the block.

what have to do to on floors.

either 1500 series covers all that or have to arrange 1130 AG series for best result and for no hole.

think like a university enviroment.

connecting blocks

and on that blocks (floor wise)all users around 4000+ would be on wireless.

1 Reply 1

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

First, bear in mind that the 1500 series is only for outdoor coverage areas. Indoor areas are to be covered by the indoor series APs. I would do the 1131s in a campus environment. Cheaper and not as much lost if stolen or destroyed. You could also use a CPE device like a ruckus network metroflex. This device repeats the signal from the 1500 series APs outside of the buildings. Also remember that if you do outdoor MESH and indoor 1131s that you will need two controllers. One for indoor on regular code and one outdoor for MESH code. A design note to keep in mind is that with 4000 users you will need approximately 150-200 APs if the users are all active at the same time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card