Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

URL Redirect

Hello,

i need to configure two SSIDs with Webauthentication on one Controller. This works fine. But it is important for us is that the redirect URL after accepting the Disclaimer shall be different for these two SSIDs.

As far as i understand it is only possible to override the confirguration concerning webauth-Type per SSID. But what is missing here is the redirect URL. This is always the one in the global configuration. does anbody have a hint how to change also the redirect URL per SSID?

we are running 5508 with 7.6.110.

thx

• Getting Started with Wireless
11 REPLIES

The only way to change the

The only way to change the redirect on a per-SSID basis is to do a customized page per SSID.

Then you can control the redirect by embedding it directly into the HTML.

HTH,
Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the answers.

Thanks for the answers. Unortunately we are at the moment not in the position to change the external page, or use a new one. The perfect solution would have been to use a redirect-URL per SSID.

By the way: what is a AUP-Page?

AUP= Acceptance User Policy.

AUP= Acceptance User Policy. In my case is configured in the ISE. See attachment.

I am not sure if the following applies to your case/question but you could take a look on:  Splash Page Web Redirect option.

thanks all for your help. we

thanks all for your help. we go with steve´s proposal: i could activate the guy responsible for the external webpage. we send the request for this new SSID to another external URL (in fact hosted on the same server) and for this URL he will reply with a different redirect for us embedded in HTML.

We still need to test but i hope it will work

I had a similar situation and

I had a similar situation and here is what I did.

With help of a buddy, external AUP server was developed with intelligent features like..

1. Default timers (if client comes again before timer expires...skip banner and send instruction to WLC)

2. Customizations per client...(skip AUP if reqd first time and custom redirect url...for devices that cannot handle AUP)

3. Default redirect URL.

4. URL based on clients (group of clients need a custom redirect URl)

5. URL based on AP's (group of AP's need custom redirect url)

6. URL based on what link they are browsing.(yes we did that...let customers browse same url they wanted instead of default url)

For this to work you have to disable global WLC webauth redirection and then configure WLAN to point to the external AUP server.

We might had a bug in 7.4.110 that caused frequent AUP requests so had to upgrade code with long timers. I am going to reduce the timers for testing later. But for now it works like a charm!

ISE, CMX Visitor-Connect is tooooo complicated and expensive to implement just for AUP.

Let me know if you are interested.

Hi prasannas, Could you

Hi prasannas,

Could you please let me know what you mean by : "disable global WLC configs"?

thanks

I meant global WLC webauth

I meant global WLC webauth config for redirection.

Security- Webauth-weblogin page. Keep this blank if you want to customize redirection based on SSID or per client or per AP or per url user is browsing.

Hi prasannas, Could you

Hi prasannas,

Could you please let me know what you mean by : "disable global WLC configs"?

thanks

hi steve, we tried to do it

hi steve, we tried to do it via your approach. unfortunately the controller ignores our value which is send back. it still sends the redirect which is configured on the controller.

our answer looks in that way:

buttonClicked=4&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orf.at&err_flag=0HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

what we get in the end is <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect_url" SIZE="255" MAXLENGTH="255" VALUE="www.stfv.at

www.stfv.at is the configured value on the controller

do you have an idea? is there any value we can use so that the controller uses the value we send back?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.