Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

user unable to connect to new access point AIR-CAP3502P-S-K9

Hi Guys,

In my branch there are 8 access points[ AIR-CAP3502I-S-K9 ] connected to Wireless controller which is been working fine since the beginning.. I had to add two more access points to this branch and after the failure, i realised this Access point [ AIR-CAP3502P-S-K9 ] is latest and it needs the minimum image 7.3.101.. So i did a upgrade on WLC 5508 and all 10 access points have joined successfully...

Issue am facing is when NEW users come under AP 9 and AP 10 get associated successfully, but the old users(Projetc Manager) who been in the branch for very long and able to get associated with other AP's [1 to 8] gets associated successfully with all old AP's but not with the new AP's..

Could please some one advise, why this strange behaviour... I googled for answer but am not getting any right solution...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Re:user unable to connect to new access point AIR-CAP3502P-S

That model is also for stadiums or arena type of environments. You need either. 3502i (internal) or a 3502e (external antenna)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
8 REPLIES

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2868

Am Almost Close, Issue not resolved yet... But this above link has good stuff

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Issue am facing is when NEW users come under AP 9 and AP 10 get associated successfully, but the old users(Projetc Manager) who been in the branch for very long and able to get associated with other AP's [1 to 8] gets associated successfully with all old AP's but not with the new AP's..

Do you have AP Groups configured? 

The old wireless clients, are their drivers up to date?

Hi Leo,

Yes It has AP groups configured... Everything is same as other old access points, only difference is the model.. This is latest model( AIR-CAP3502P-S-K9 ) where as the old ones are AIR-CAP3502I-S-K9.... Am opening a TAC case for this.... Lemme see what they have to say...

Sorry forgot to mention it belongs to same AP group

Looks like you are rite, something to do with the driver... Notebook which is less than three years old is able to get associated with it... Am still waiting for an update from TAC...

VIP Purple

Hi Zakir,

If only 1-2 users are facing this issue then it must be putdated drivers on client machine.

Update the drivers and check again.

Regards

Re:user unable to connect to new access point AIR-CAP3502P-S-K9

Thanks all for your replies guys, issue was with the ap model.. this ap do not have built in antennas and requires external antennas to be connected... that was the cause of the problem... Issue resolved now...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Re:user unable to connect to new access point AIR-CAP3502P-S

That model is also for stadiums or arena type of environments. You need either. 3502i (internal) or a 3502e (external antenna)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content