Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 as repeater

Hello!

I have an AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9 running as root AP with three SSID's (mbssid), all WPA-2 PSK, IOS 12.4(25d)JA

Now I would like to use an AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 as repeater for one of the SSID's (all three are AFAIK not possible), IOS 12.3.8-JEE(ED)

So only one SSID is used.

I use exactly the same shared secrets and security settings on both devices, on the repeater the SSID is designated as infrastructure-ssid.

Unfortunately I have the problem that the repeater AP cannot associate with the root AP.

I have verified that aironet extensions are enabled, same security settings are used and checked many sites on the net which describe how to configure a repeater AP. 

Is there any incompatibility between these two APs?

I have two of the AIR-AP1231-G-E-K9 APs available, do I need to use the same models?

Best regards,

Bernhard

2 REPLIES

Is infrastructure ssid on the root as well?

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

It wasn't. infrastructure-ssid requires to be enabled on the vlan 1

I need to change the VLAN settings to make it work.

Testing the setup with the native vlan ssid, I get the error message WPAIE not found and required.

Is WPA-2 recommended to be used with the 1231 APs?

Views
Helpful
Replies