Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using only one antenna on 1552EU

Hi,

we had Cisco AIR-LAP1522 with three 2,4GHz antennas and one for 5GHz. A normal setup I would say. The access point malfunctioned a while ago and we got a replacement part after TAC case. Because of EoS, we received a AIR-CAP1552EU-E-K9 access point.

The idea was to use the same antennas, but when I try to configure a/n band to use only one connector (A, B or C) nothing happens. After clicking Apply, all check boxes are still active/enabled. Is there a reason for this? Is it possible to disable diversity?

WLC version is 7.4.110.0. and I'm using GUI to configure.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Using only one antenna on 1552EU

I don't think you can do that on the 1552e. You need to purchase the dual band antennas that are designed for that model and use all three. That is your best bet to get the performance and stability and possible TAC support on that device.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

the model is 1552EU. It has six single band antennas. We choose that one over 1552E, so we could use the old antennas.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Okay.. Well that does split the radios per antennas. I think you are still required to use the correct amount of antennas. I have not deployed mesh with trying to use existing antennas, because they also have been exposed a long time out in the environment. I have seen antennas go back after long use. If this is an issue, open a TAC case since they are new and confirm that you can't or can do what you want.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies