Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

View AP LED Status Command

I am trying to view the LED status of a 1131 AP joined to a WLC 2106 controller.  I ssh in to the 2106 controller and I go to >show ap ?.  I tried viewing the output of pretty much every one of those commands but I am having trouble finding anything that shows me the current LED status of an AP.  I am trying to verify that the AP LED has gone back to green or blue from a previous orange color.  Any ideas on what command I should be using to get that information?  Thanks!  Mike

Everyone's tags (2)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: View AP LED Status Command

I am trying to verify that the AP LED has gone back to green or blue from a previous orange color. 

If your AP shows up in the command "sh ap summary" then it's either green or blue.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Maybe the AP that's orange is the wrong AP.  Are you sure it's only orange and no other color?  Orange/Red means that the AP is in the bootup process or in ROMmon (and shouldn't show up in the "sh ap summary" result).

I had the same issue once. I t was power related. Check both radios and see if they show enabled (but disabled). Since one radio is up, say 802.11g check your 802.11a radio. Disable this radio and see if the orange goes away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I am trying to verify that the AP LED has gone back to green or blue from a previous orange color. 

If your AP shows up in the command "sh ap summary" then it's either green or blue.

No, I am afraid that is incorrect.  My AP shows up in the results of "sh ap summary" but the LED on the AP is most definitely orange.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Maybe the AP that's orange is the wrong AP.  Are you sure it's only orange and no other color?  Orange/Red means that the AP is in the bootup process or in ROMmon (and shouldn't show up in the "sh ap summary" result).

Yep, I am sure.  I stood there and stared at it for about 30 seconds while scratching my head.  I am not really sure why it is orange.  The only post I could find for solid orange/amber related to incorrect power state injector setting.  I did a complete clear config on that AP and set it back up and its still orange.  The AP seems to be functioning just fine.  It shows ten clients connected to it.  The only other theory I have is that the max client connection is 12 so maybe it is orange because it is close to the max client count.  Other than that I am at a loss.  I am sure it is the correct AP.  There are only three on that controller and the other two are up and functioning also.  Thanks, Mike

I had the same issue once. I t was power related. Check both radios and see if they show enabled (but disabled). Since one radio is up, say 802.11g check your 802.11a radio. Disable this radio and see if the orange goes away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

I am so dumb.  I had another controller in that building and an AP mislabeled.  Turns out it was that I was looking at the wrong AP that was on a totally different controller.  The orange was there because an AP that used to be on an injector was now on POE and the power state was then not correct on the config of that AP.  Thanks for all the help.  I have the issues resolved now.

Never did get an answer to find a way to verify LED color via a command, apparently you can't do that on the 2106 controller.

Views
Helpful
Replies