cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual WLC 7.5 - installation problmes (Controller Crashed)

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am installing vWLC on VMware ESXi 5 and the controller crashes after the boot. Everybody has any similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

Remi

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have adequate hardware on your ESXi and your following the vWLC requirements.

Might want to verify the MD5 on the ova that you are using also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. The hardware is OK with enough RAM, only one NIC as I am testing it first in the LAB. Have you worked with vWLC before and did you not have any issues?

Hello Remi-Reszka,

I am having the same problem. Were you able to solve it? What was the solution? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi e-aguilar,

Eventually I did not go for the 7.5 version, I still had troubles to install it. Instead I downloaded de version 7.4.110.0 (the AssureWave that has an elevated status from Cisco), probably with most fixes. Running now on 2GB RAM and supporting 76 APs over VPN. Works like a charm!

Regards,

Hi Remi-Reszka,

Thank you so much for your input! It is greatly appreciated, I will get the version adviced. Have a great week!

Thanks and no problem! Good luck and feel free to keep in touch!

Got it up and running with the version you recommended. Thanks again for the great advice! Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card