Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

vlan in wireless network

how to create vlan in wireless network? and are we could configure a diffirence setting for each vlan?

---

Posted by WebUser ???? ?????????? from Cisco Support Community App

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

vlan in wireless network

Need more info... you talking about autonomous or lightweight?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

vlan in wireless network

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Dynamic Interfaces on WLCs

Dynamic interfaces, also known as VLAN interfaces, are created by users and designed to be analogous to VLANs for Wireless LAN clients. A controller can support up to 512 dynamic interfaces (VLANs). Each dynamic interface is individually configured and allows separate communication streams to exist on any or all of the distribution system ports of the controller. Each dynamic interface controls VLAN and other communications between controllers and all other network devices, and each acts as a DHCP relay for wireless clients associated to WLANs mapped to the interface. You can assign dynamic interfaces to distribution system ports, WLANs, the Layer 2 management interface, and the Layer 3 AP-manager interface. You can also map the dynamic interface to a backup port.

You can configure zero, one, or multiple dynamic interfaces on a distribution system port. However, all dynamic interfaces must be on a different VLAN or IP subnet from all other interfaces configured on the port. If the port is untagged, all dynamic interfaces must be on a different IP subnet from any other interface configured on the port.

Configuring a dynamic interface with a secondary subnet is not supported.

Cisco recommends using tagged VLANs for dynamic interfaces.

For more information refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml#dyn-interface

Hope this will help you.

Silver

vlan in wireless network

dear sir,

may i know what is the difference between autonomous and lightweight?

what i had plan is i want to create a wireless network that have 2 vlans, each one is for lecturer and student, and each vlan had difference setting because i want to limit the connection so that students are not surfing the social website while studying in the classroom

---

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: vlan in wireless network

Autonomous AP's are standalone

Lightweight AP's require a WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

vlan in wireless network

are WLC suitable for my case?

---

Silver

vlan in wireless network

and alsa are WLC suitable for device ( linksys modem n switch 2960 series)???

---

Views
Helpful
Replies