cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN on APs

n-khouri
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco ACS working as my AAA server for Wireless users login using EAP authentication associted with an SSID .

I have configured another SSID with new VLAN ID , configuring everything right on the Radio interface and the Fastethernet and configuring the switchport for dot1q .

After configuring the above , I can not login to the AP using any of the SSIDs ... deleting all VLANs will bring back access to normal . ANy idea where to start ?

3 Replies 3

cminch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you also set the swithcport for the vlan in which to communicate to the AP? Or is the switchport in trunking mode? What Software Version are you running? you need at least a 12.0 to have VLAN Support. I recommend 12.0.3T

Here is a link for the config on VLANs.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch4.htm

Good luck,

Corey

Thanks man , I idid configure teh switchport on teh switch for dot1q tagging , I have the 1100 AP and not the 350 , I have no problem in teh creation of VLAn at the core, edge and AP , all ok according to VLAN status .

I wonder if this is a RADIUS related issue .

Yes, to enable VLAN tagging being assigned from ACS, you need to turn on IETF Radius Attributes 64, 65 and 81. Then, you need to turn these on within each group in Group Setup and assign each group to each VLAN that you want them to be in. Are you wanting to authenticate against Active Directory?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card