Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VLAN on bridged wireless

I have two wireless bridge 1410s to connect two building A and B

building A (Bridge1)

management VLAN100, 192.168.100/24

building B (bridge2)

management VLAN200, 192.168.200/24

I plan to setup VLAN10 for the bridge AP, so VLAN10 at Building A, IP will be 192.168.10.1/?? (can this mask be 30?), VLAN10 at building B, 192.168.10.2/??

so my question

can bridge1 has only one management IP from 192.168.100/24 in same time doing bridge for VLAN10? can bridge2 has only one managmenet IP from 192.168.200/24 in same time doing bridge for VLAN10? if not, do I have to assign management IP for both bridge in 192.168.10.0 network? so the mask can be /29 to support 6 IPs, one ip for VLAN10 at building A, one ip for VLAN10 at building B, one IP for bridge1, one IP for bridge2?

my intention to assign one management IP from local management VLAN, so this IP is local significant, and AP just doing a pure bridge for VLAN10, and AP doesn't have any IP over this VLAN10

thanks

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: VLAN on bridged wireless

You need to have the BVI interfaces on both bridges in the same subnet/VLAN and this needs to be the native VLAN.  The bridges are really just layer-2 devices so you are just using the IP address on them for management,etc.  You then just setup the subinterfaces for any additional VLANs you want to pass.

Re: VLAN on bridged wireless

thanks for your reply, i did not quite get your answer yet, and that is why i tried to put more details on more original question

so for my case, can bridge1 being part of management VLAN of building A? and bridge2 part of managemenet VLAN of buildingB? so they don't share same common managemenet vlan

if they can not, meant i need create a common vlan 10, i guess i need /29 mask to support enough IP addr, right?

Views
Helpful
Replies