cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wall-mount patch antenna for HWIC-AP-G-E

tekha
Level 3
Level 3

Could anyone point me to some documentation on supported Wall-mount patch antenna for the HWIC-AP-G-E card?

I found this one "AIR-ANT3549", but it seems to have been EOL announced.

Any help appricieted.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Teddy,

Have you looked at these docs?

ANTENNAS

A pair of removable RP-TNC Swivel-mount Omnidirectional Dipole antennas included with the HWICs provides adequate range and coverage for most wireless installations. A variety of non-captive single band Cisco 2.4 GHz and multiband 2.4/5 GHz antennas are available as options to accommodate wireless installation-specific range and coverage requirements.

2.4 GHz Single Band Access Point Antenna Options for the 802.11 B/G Access Point HWIC

AIR-ANT2422D-R

2.2 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Swivel mount dipole (system part number for AIR-ANT4941 spare)

AIR-ANT4941

2.2 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Swivel mount dipole, spare

AIR-ANT2420V-R

2 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Diversity omni-directional ceiling mount patch (system part number for AIR-ANT5959 spare)

AIR-ANT5959

2 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Diversity omni-directional ceiling mount patch, spare

AIR-ANT1728

5.2 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Omni-directional ceiling mount, spare

AIR-ANT3549

9.0 dBi Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz Wall-mount patch antenna, spare (not supported for US/Canada)

2.4/5 GHz Dual Band Access Point Antenna Options for the 802.11 A/B/G Access Point HWIC

AIR-ANTM2050D-R

(2.2 dBi Cisco 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 dBi 5 GHz) Dual band Swivel mount dipole antenna

AIR-ANTM2050D-R=

(2.2 dBi Cisco 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 dBi 5 GHz) Dual band Swivel mount dipole antenna, spare

AIR-ANTM5560P-R

(5.5 dBi Cisco 2.4 Ghz and 6.0 dBi 5 GHz) Dual band Wall-mount patch antenna

AIR-ANTM5560P-R=

(5.5 dBi Cisco 2.4 Ghz and 6.0 dBi 5 GHz) Dual band Wall-mount patch antenna, spare

AIR-ANTM4050V-R

(4.0 dBi Cisco 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 dBi 5 GHz) Dual band Diversity Ceiling-mount omnidirectional antenna

AIR-ANTM4050V-R=

(4.0 dBi Cisco 2.4Ghz and 5.0 dBi 5GHz) Dual band Diversity Ceiling-mount omnidirectional antenna, spare

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5949/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028cc7b.html

Have you checked out this guide;

Cisco Aironet Antenna Reference Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

Are you looking for a wall mount patch just for aesthetics? We have had really good luck with the 5959 ceiling mount patch, but in many cases we have actually attached it to the wall. It is pretty "low profile" and blends in quite nicely.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Sorry I havn't had time to answer you before.

Yes, I actually have looked at the docs, I think that is why I got confused.

But I like the idea of using the AIR-ANT5959 as a wall mount antenna, because it is the most neutral looking antenna, that best blends in with the background. And if you say it works fine as a wall mount antenna, I'll go with that.

Thanks

Hey Teddy,

No worries! I know that we are all busy out here. The 5959 comes with about 1M of cable. Hopefully that length will work for you. If not, don't forget to order an extra run of "low loss" cable (comes in various lengths).Let us know how the antenna works for you!

Take care.

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Your are thinking of some sort af cable like this AIR-CAB020LL-R, wright?

And don't worry I'll get back when I'm done.

Thanks for helping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card