cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 1142n not connecting to clients (laptops)

Firesnake7
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up my WAP and RADIUS windows server 2008.

the WAP is not actually talking properly to the clients... the laptops can see the WAP but it isn't connected properly. The client won't get an IP, and has limited connectivity.

I tried changing the vLAN settings on the WAP, double checked it is on the right gateway, etc. it is very frustrating. I don't know why it won't 'talk' properly to its clients. obviously i took off Windows firewall just in case on the client.

I have also checked the RADIUS server settings again; it is all set to authenticate users and machines in the domain, has its certificate, is set to PEAP, has the WAP added as a RADIUS client.

I am not quite sure what has happened.

the switch it is on is set to DHCP leasing by the way.

can anyone help me? thanks!

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens if you try with OPEN authentication?

tried with open authentication. no go

do u see authentication request going to the radius server? Check radius server's passed and failed auth report.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just beat me to it Gavin   Yes, please check NPS logs for any success or failure and provide EAP failure code/description if present.

If your NPS authentication looks successful, then you need to troubleshoot why you aren't getting a DHCP address.  I presume this is an autonomous setup?  Could you provide the run-config of your AP and the AP switchport run-config?  Also the run-config of the gateway interface and the DHCP scope config.

thank you gentlemen.

NPS logs on the server have errors all over it; resetting WAP security to see if i can fix it. the WAP isn't here with me, so I am getting someone on site to use their laptop and see if I can get a connection happening.

tried with open authentication. no go

OPEN authentication and it didn't even work????  This is no longer a wireless issue.  I'd be looking at your back-end.

Leo is right.  You said you tested with open authentication and couldn't get connectivity.  Focus on that and then you can look at the NPS afterwards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card