Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS base upgrade to PLUS license question

I have a 50 AP base WCS running. What kind if license do I need to order to be able to do location? These two have the same price, but can I upgrade to 100 WPLUS from 50 BASE by ordering the second one?

L-LIC-WPLUS-5050 AP WPLUS  license (Delivery via Email)
L-LIC-WPLUS-100U50 to 100 AP WPLUS upgrade license   (Delivery via Email)

Thanks,

Tao

3 REPLIES

Re: WCS base upgrade to PLUS license question

You can you more than one licenses on the same WCS server. I have two licenses: each supports 100 AP. I added two of them onto the same WCS server to support a total of 200 APs. Hope that helps you a bit.

Cisco Employee

You would need an upgrade license to go from base to plus.

CISCO BASE-TO-CISCO PLUS  UPGRADE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS (WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9)

If  you are an EXISTING customer who wants to upgrade from a Cisco Base to  Cisco PLUS license, order WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9 and select one of the  Cisco WCS PLUS upgrade options below:

WCS-PLUS-UPG-50:  License supports up to 50 access points. <---------------------

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100:  License supports up to 100 access points.

WCS-PLUS-UPG-500:  License supports up to 500 access points.

Note: The number of WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9 licenses purchased must equal or exceed  the number of installed WCS Base licenses for the Cisco WCS to register  as a Cisco WCS PLUS system. Thereafter, additional capacity is added by  ordering PLUS licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/product_data_sheet0900aecd804b4646.html

Hi,

We have a license of 50 Aps Base for WCS. We are trying to add this license WCS-PLUS-UPG-100:  License supports up to 100 access points,

and we are recieving this error

"AP Count does not match; Missing 50 APs  with Base licenses on the system.

The system can only have one upgrade  license.

The upgrade license's AP count must match  the total number of Base licenses

(50) installed on WCS."

In the ordering guide says this

CISCO BASE-TO-CISCO PLUS UPGRADE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS  (WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9)

Note: The number of WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9 licenses purchased  must equal or exceed the number of installed WCS Base licenses for the Cisco WCS  to register as a Cisco WCS PLUS system. Thereafter, additional capacity is added  by ordering PLUS licenses.

We are trying to be really sure if we need the same aumont of APs base licenses for migrating from 50 to 100 or is permited migrate from 50 base to 100 plus without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content