Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

WCS deployment

Can the WCS server be put into production and begin managing non-Lightweight AP devices? Then, later on, integrate into the WCS the newly installed WLC and Lightweight AP devices?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: WCS deployment

Yes you can.

However the functionalities of using autonomous AP are more limited than with LWAPP APs.

You should even use WCS to convert your autonomous AP to LWAPP, the migration tool makes it much easier

Great. The wcs configuration guide can be found at the configure section of the wcs product page: www.cisco.com/go/wcs

also you can evaluate wcs for free for 60 days and download it from this same product page. I suggest you go with the latrst 6.0 version.

if you have any questions feel free.

Don lt forget to mark this resolved when you think it is.

Hth

5 REPLIES

Yes you can.

However the functionalities of using autonomous AP are more limited than with LWAPP APs.

You should even use WCS to convert your autonomous AP to LWAPP, the migration tool makes it much easier

Thank You. This helped. And, I'll into the migration tool found in WCS.

Great. The wcs configuration guide can be found at the configure section of the wcs product page: www.cisco.com/go/wcs

also you can evaluate wcs for free for 60 days and download it from this same product page. I suggest you go with the latrst 6.0 version.

if you have any questions feel free.

Don lt forget to mark this resolved when you think it is.

Hth

Hall of Fame Super Gold

60 days????

AIR-WCS-DEMO-K9 is only for 30 days.

Ok I need to clarify:

-the license you get from cisco.com/go/license for WCs is 30 days, as you say.

-if you contact Cisco, you may be eligible to get what is called a ''pilot'' license which is an eval for 60 days on the latest products.

Finally there is now a license for the MSE, and I that one is I believe 60 days.

thanks for asking a clarification on this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content