Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS License Issue

How can I check the WCS license that is registered vs the license that is installed? I believe that a WCS-APLOC-100 license was purchased. When I check the license on WCS it shows "Plus" as the type. There is no mention of "Location". I have no "Location" tab on my WCS page. The only tabs on my WCS screen are Monitor - Reports - Configure - Mobility - Administration - Tools - Help. I am using WCS version 5.2.110.0 with a 4400 Controller version 5.1.151.0 and a 2710 Location Appliance version 5.2.91.0. Any information on how to get the "Location" piece enabled would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES

Re: WCS License Issue

The "PLUS" piece allows you to track location of a single wifi device...(limited location).

The Cisco Wireless Location Appliance must be deployed in conjunction with a properly licensed Cisco WCS.

Cisco Employee

Plus includes the location feature. The location servers are added under the mobility tab. You can choose to add a location server or an MSE. Your output from Help > Licensing should be similar to this:

License Information*

space

Host: XXXX

Type: Plus

AP Count: 100

Registered APs: 0

Percent of AP Licenses Used: 0%

Spectrum Expert: Licensed

That is what my output looks like (I have 12 AP's registered). I have added the location appliance through the "MOBILITY" tab. WCS appears to be communicating with the 2710. I have no "LOCATION" tab on the front page of WCS. Is there separate software for WCS Location and WCS Standard? I hope that I am not missing something obvious.

Cisco Employee

Location tab was changed to Mobility tab. It was just a rename to prepare for the Mobility features they are adding.

Views
Helpful
Replies