Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Licensing

I just added 5 AP's to our existing wireless network and it put us over our license limit. I am working on getting a new license from Cisco but I was wondering what the repercussions are when you go over the limit. Do you lose some functionality? So far the only thing that has changed is a warning that pops up when you first login to the WCS. Everything seems to be working the same as before.

Thanks

Mark

1 REPLY

Re: WCS Licensing

Hi,

I don't know what the repercussions are when you go over the limit in your licence but I know if you are using the base license with the new software version 6.0.196.0 you can use some of the features of the WPlus license:

WPlus License Features Included in Base License

All features included in a Wireless LAN Controller WPlus license are now included in the base license; this change is introduced in release 6.0.196.0. There are no changes to WCS BASE and PLUS licensing.

These WPlus license features are included in the base license:

•Office Extend AP

•Enterprise Mesh

•CAPWAP Data Encryption

Read the release notes in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_196.html#wp616502

Views
Helpful
Replies