Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Perfomance Profiles

I have a group of APs that I would like to have a minimum TX power setting appliend, but then have WCS tune the power up from there if need be based on its algorithms....  Is this possible?

basically I have a need where I've seen clients not being able to connect with signal strength at -80dB and then have 5-10 clients in the same spot try to connect and then the power tunes up and then all connect fine because the signal strength jumbs to -50 or better.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatly appreciative.

We are using WCS 7.0.172.0.

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES

WCS Perfomance Profiles

If you truly need it only for 'some' AP, then you would want to upgrade to 7.2 and look into RF Profiles.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_2.html#wp902015

Otherwise, you can set the minimum TX value, and it will be used for all AP on the WLC.

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

WCS Perfomance Profiles

If I understand correclty you want the APs to automatically adjust their power settings? is that correct?

You can enable TPC (Transmit Power Control) algorithm under RRM configuration for the radio that you want.

You need to go through this doc and that will give you very good idea about how to do that:

http://tiny.cc/he30iw

Steve above illustrated how the TPC can only be applied to group of APs, not all of them. This is a feature with only 7.2 code version that is not available for 7.0 or earlier versions.

Note please this is not related to the WCS, this is done from the WLC itself.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies