Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS to NCS upgrade DNS changes

We are about to upgrade our WCS 7.0.230.0 to NCS 1.1 on a virtual appliance. The question that I have is... regarding licensing for the two, do we need to maintain our DNS information for the new NCS the same as the old(wcs.x.x), or is it ok to completely use a different hostname (ncs.x.x) for licensing purposes? As in other devices and services the licensing is based on hostnames and such. I just want to be sure when I set up the new NCS i use the correct information.

Thanks,

-Nick

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCS to NCS upgrade DNS changes

When you upgrade you don't need to keep the existing dns. You need a migration license and the uid of the virtual appliance. You will have to export the existing license and then go onto the license portal to get your new license for NCS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

When you upgrade you don't need to keep the existing dns. You need a migration license and the uid of the virtual appliance. You will have to export the existing license and then go onto the license portal to get your new license for NCS.

-Scott

Scott, Thanks for your input. This was the answer I was looking for.

Tale a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps11682/ps11686/guide_c07-653879.html

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies