Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth ACLs

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

I am going to configre web auth for my guest users . I have created Pre-web-auth ACL in WLC allowing traffic to DNS and to ISE .

If  the authentication is successful , I will give full network access authorization to the users in ISE .

So apart from that do I have to configure anything on switch side to support web auth?

Thanks,

TS.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

your question is confusing because you first talk about WLC and then you talk about switches.

If you are talking about CentralWebAuthentication with ISE and WLC, then you have to create an ACL to redirect to the captive portal. If authentication is succesful then WLC will use another ACL which permits all traffic.

You also need to configure your SSID. you have to check "radius NAC" and "aaa override"

Please rate if this helps

View solution in original post

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7
2 Replies 2

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

your question is confusing because you first talk about WLC and then you talk about switches.

If you are talking about CentralWebAuthentication with ISE and WLC, then you have to create an ACL to redirect to the captive portal. If authentication is succesful then WLC will use another ACL which permits all traffic.

You also need to configure your SSID. you have to check "radius NAC" and "aaa override"

Please rate if this helps

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Agreeing with eduardoaliaga, I would suggest one Central web Auth on WLC using ISE, example.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11640/products_configuration_example09186a0080bead09.shtml#wlcconfiguration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card