Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth cisco 2504

mfilipovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I am setting up a webauth solution for a customer. This customer has one special request that i am investigating.

He want´s to have guests connecting to the WLC and get redirected to a webpage with a requirement to fill in your email-adress. Once the email-adress is filled and you click connect you have access to the wireless network. Is this possible to achieve?

martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah.. you either need to know it, or it will take a while to figure out.  So if you want to keep the emails that users put in (can be fake email as there is no checking), you would need to us an external web server and know how to export that info into a database.  If you don't care about the info, then just use the default on the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can redirect webauth to an external web server if you want. The external web server will be configured how ever you want and will only send and accept or deny based in your HTML. So if it's just email, you HTML would have an input box for a user to input their email and then an accept button which would send something back to the WLC and the WLC would allow the guest user on.

The WLC also has a built in WebAuth for email address too, but the email isn't kept in a database locally but would be logged as an event.

Here is a link to external webauth

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008076f974.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I have done some testing with my small knowledge of html and i think i understand the idea. You predefine user/pass in the html code to send back to the wlc regardless what you type in the email address field. Done some testing but i really suck in html  =)

Yeah.. you either need to know it, or it will take a while to figure out.  So if you want to keep the emails that users put in (can be fake email as there is no checking), you would need to us an external web server and know how to export that info into a database.  If you don't care about the info, then just use the default on the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: