cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Web Auth page not displaying

Hi guys,

I'm 95% of the way there with getting my wireless network up, I've just ran into a small issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I've configured the guest wlan interface and the client gets its IP address from my DHCP server. I am pushing a wpad configuration down to the client to force the client to use one of our two proxy servers. Using wireshark I can see that traffic is being routed from the client out of the interface.

This obviously fails though as the client is not yet authenticated. We are using local accounts on the controller using the lobby admin to provide guest access. What is not popping up is the Web Authentication window in my browser. Actually, it popped up once but my browsers pop up blocker blocked it. Now whenever the client tries to browse the internet the connection fails, as the user/client has not been authenticated.

Appreciate this may be something as simple as a browser problem, but I can't seem to figure it out? In the past as soon as the client has obtained an IP address this window has popped up. It does not do this any more?

Any tips would be much appreciate!

Thanks,

Darren                 

1 REPLY

Web Auth page not displaying

Hi Darren,

If you are using a proxy server you will not be able to get authenticated. you need to disable the proxy on the client when you try to authenticate and enable it back after you get authenticated to surf the internet.

Try enabling the web auth proxy feature:

This feature enables clients that have manual web proxy enabled in the browser to facilitate web authentication with the controller.

In a network configured for web authentication, if the client is configured for manual proxy settings, the controller does not listen to such proxy ports and hence the client would not be able to establish a TCP connection with the controller. In effect, the user is unable to get to any log in page to authentication and get access to the network.

When the client requests any URL with the Web Authentication Proxy feature enabled, the controller responds with a webpage prompting the user to change the Internet proxy settings to automatically detect the proxy settings.

This process prevents the browser's manual proxy settings from getting lost. After configuring this feature, the user can get access to the network through the web authentication policy.

By default, this functionality is provided for ports 80, 8080, and 3128 because these are the most commonly used ports for the web proxy server.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_configuration_example09186a0080b8a909.shtml

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content