Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Webauth Bundle Issue

Dear Team,

Our Anchor controller has suddenly stopped working for web redirection and displayed 404: Page not found error. After re-uploading the Webauth bundle its working now. But what is the reason (scenario) web-auth bundle go corrupted in WLC 5508...? Version of both anchor and foriegn is 7.5..

Thanks in advance...

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Webauth Bundle Issue

Things just happen.... I just had to reboot a WLC last night because the webauth page stopped working.  If I set the wlan to open with no webauth, everything worked fine, dns was working and people were able to browse the Internet.  I then put the default Cisco passthrough and splash page would not show up.  they were running v7.4.110.0, a reboot fixed the issue and now they are using a customized webauth splash page.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

Webauth Bundle Issue

Thanks for the response. We recently upgraded to 7.5 from 7.4. Is that required re-upload of webauth bundle...?

Re: Webauth Bundle Issue

It is not required to upload that again. I say this as long as something didn't go wrong. If right after your upgrade the WebAuth didn't work and uploading the WebAuth fixed the issue, then something went wrong during the upgrade. This shouldn't of happened, but there is always something that can.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Community Member

Webauth Bundle Issue

Thats true. I wish to know if we can find the root cause of this issue happened.. coz i shud update my customer about what went wrong.. Is there any logs that can tell me how webauth bundle gone bad...??

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated....

Webauth Bundle Issue

There is no way to see what happened, especially if you can't duplicate it or if a reboot fixes it.  I was able to test by changing the guest ssid to open and then to a default Cisco internal page and the open worked and the passthrough failed.  Then and there, i knew it was the WLC and the only thing left I could of done was reboot the WLC.  After the reboot, the custom webuath page worked fine. 

Things like this, unless there is a bug id out there, is almost not documented anywhere.... the best part of this forum is that you can search and hopefully find someone that has ran into an issue similar to yours.  Since I just ran into this a few days ago, it was easy to tell you to reboot the WLC as that was the fix for me.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content