cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEP between Aironet 352 PCCard & Linksys WRT54G AccessPoint/Rtr

sheidelbach
Level 1
Level 1

I've already gone through trying one (low priced) card that would not sync up with my Linksys WRT56G AccessPoint/Router and I figure it's time to do it right, get a Cisco PCMCIA card.

However, I have read a review from a web site were a person was unable to get his Cisco wireless card to do WEP with his Linksys AccessPoint (model number was not specified).

So, I wanted to check to see if anybody has successfully configured 128bit WEP between an Aironet 352 PCMCIA Card and a Linksys WRT54G router or would know of any issues associated with that before I bought the card.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Take a look at this URL, it might give you some details,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca3c1.html

Also check the bug tool kit for any known issues between Aironet 352 PCCard & Linksys WRT54G

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Skip,

Im havint a WRT54G at home too. I'm working with the PCMCIA Card from Linksys and a AIR-PCM352 of Cisco. Both are working fine on my WRT54G.

What is the exact problem you have?

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card