cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEP Key Rotation

msbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to setup WEP Key rotation on my AP 1200. I see the broadcast-key rotation, however I'm not sure if this is the parameter I need to set. Also is there a way I can actually verify that my WEP key is getting rotated?

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, to set the WEP key roatation on the AP, you need to enable the parameter broadcast key rotation. I dont think you have an option by which you can actually see the key being roatated, because anyway all the data is going to be encrypted.

KyranCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Yes , Broadcast key rotation is one you need set for WEP key rotation.

from 600 or 700 seconds is permissible to configure if there are no much roaming activity with in YOur WLAN.

If you can capture airframes you will be able to key rotation happening after that intervals ( EAPOLL packets).

Regards

Kiran

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

Don't forget you can only configure rotating WEP keys if you're using an enterprise authentication model. If you've just punched in a key into the AP that's static WEP and it cannot be made to rotate, the broadcast key rotation checkbox won't make this happen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: