Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What causes a Dell Latitude D600 to lock up when the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9) installed?

Everytime I plug in the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9), my Dell Latitude D600 laptop freezes up.  I have to shut down the laptop manually and restart without the adapter.  I have installed the latest software for this adapter.  I tried with a different Aironet adapter, still freezing up.  What could be the problem?

Mike

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: What causes a Dell Latitude D600 to lock up when the Airone

You have an application running in conflict with the cardbus driver.  I have used this software in various WinXP machines and I have no issues.

Hi Michael,

Is only 1 PC doing this or all of them? Is this a custom image or factory ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

This is on 1 pc and has factory image.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

What OS does the D600 have?

Windows XP Professional, SP 3

O gezzz... i feel your pain with these types of issues. You tried a total uninstall and reinstall? Shot in the dark, try to load a later driver of the card.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I have installed this software (v4.4) to more than 5 laptops running WinXP SP2 and SP3 and I do not see any errors.  The different clients are not fresh/new build either.

Michael,

I have similar issue with latitude d380,

Have you ever found the cause?

I tried drivers v36 and v44

Views
Helpful
Replies