cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why Aironet 1602e doesn't forward/pass IP addresses to clients issued by windows DHCP server?

Ally Moghimian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got a brand new Aironet 1602e out of the box.

It got it IP address from the DHCP address including the subnet and gateway.

enabled dot11.0, set to throughput and assigned a wep key.

assigned SSID and set it to guest mode.

The client device (a barcode scanner) connect to the AP without any problem, but it doesn't receive an IP from Windows 2003's DHCP pool.

There is no Wireless controller used in the infrastructure and other AP points (older 1200) are configured the same way and they are all fine.

Is there any traffic being filtered out on this newer model? the configs are the same as the older APs but still clients do not connect to/see DHCP server.

any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you sure the WEP key is correct?  With WEP, if the client is connecting and not getting DHCP more than likely the key is incorrect.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post your config if possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you sure the WEP key is correct?  With WEP, if the client is connecting and not getting DHCP more than likely the key is incorrect.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

The WEP key is fine, as the client connects (seems like it) to the device, I get full 5 bars on client's screen. having said that, the client fails to ping the AP.

On AP's GUI, I can see the client is associated but the IP is 0.0.0.0

Will upload the config here later on.

thanks.

I managed to figure it out!

I used your hint and checked out the WEP key. The Hex was encrypted and client settings were set to No-Encryption. I changed the keys and all seems fine.

Thanks you all for the advice and the impressive response time!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card