Views
Helpful
Replies

Why can't I browse to my 1252 AP

joeadiutori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have the 1152 connected to a Linksys router.  My PC is connected to the same Linksys router.

My IP is 192.168.1.101. 

The AP is 192.168.1.102. 

I can ping it fine. 

I put 192.168.1.102 in my browser and I get nothing.   Says IE cannot display the webpage.

Any ideas?

Thanks again - Joe 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

make sure your console is set for 9600/none/8/1 flowcontrol needs to be off.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you telnet into the AP and post the config?  It's possible the AP doesn't have the webserver enabled.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Negative on the telnet.  It says "Could not open connection to the host". 

I also have a console cable connected.  I can see the info scroll by.  But it's non-responsive to me hitting "enter".

Just cant seem to communicate with it.  I reset it to factory default by holding down "Mode" button as it powered up.

Any ideas???

make sure your console is set for 9600/none/8/1 flowcontrol needs to be off.

HTH,
Steve

Well, that's pretty embarrasing.  I opened a new Hyperterminal session and made sure settings were as you stated.  Now I can communicate.  Thank you for that.

Next issue is username and password.  Since I reset it to factory default (or so I think I did), I'm using "Cisco" for username and password.  However it's saying "Authentication Failed".

Any ideas about that?

should be cisco/cisco for a default user/pass.

HTH,
Steve

After further review, I dont think it has been reset to factory because the name it displays if from the former user.

how do you reset this thing?  Everything I've read says hold down the "Mode" button at power up.  Tried that a few times but doesnt seem to be working.

Holding the mode button should work.  disconnect the power, press and hold the mode button.  wait for 5-10 seconds, and release it.

If you stay connected to the console port, you'll see it boot up and should be ble to get into it.

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card