Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Why did my one controller upgrade another one 20 miles away?

When I upgraded to version 6 on my one controller it upgraded my controller 20 miles away? I couldn't figure out why my users in the other building couldn't use the wireless and when I got there it had version 6 as the primary. I did notice that when 6 was starting up it it asked me if I wanted to autoupgrade and proceeded to find my dhcp server and set up its own tftp server. I am assuming that is how it did it.

These controllers are not in any of the same mobility groups etc. I know the controllers talk to each other because once in a while one building's AP will go astray and use the controller in another building.

thanks

Gary

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Why did my one controller upgrade another one 20 miles away?

Hi Gary,

Did you use the WCS to upgrade the controller?

No I did not. I have the software license sitting for WCS on my desk. Maybe it jumped out of the envelope and did its thing. I think it has something to do with that autoinstall that 6 did on startup. I only saw it from the console startup.

Gary

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Never seen this happen Gary. This is truly unique.

Views
Helpful
Replies