Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Why do my Aironet 1042s stop accepting clients after a month or so?

Hello, everyone.

I have a test setup with a vWLC (7.5.102.0) and four APs. Two Aironet 1602i APs were purchased for the test and have been functioning for months with no issues.

Our other two APs in this setup are older Aironet 1042Ns. Before the vWLC test, the 1042s had been operating in standalone mode. I converted them to LAPs manually following the procedures at http://www.skytale.net/blog/archives/37-Manually-converting-a-Cisco-AP-to-LAP-mode.html. The conversions were successful. However, after 1-2 months of uptime, the 1042s will stop accepting most or all clients until I reset the AP. Then they're fine again for a month or two. (They don't both stop at the same time; each AP suffers the issue separately, generally weeks apart from the other one.)

The clients can see the SSIDs, but get errors when they try to join the networks. This applies to both new clients and ones that had previously associated.

The 1042s list boot version 12.4.23.3, IOS version 15.2(4)JA1$, and Mini IOS version 7.5.1.73. Each one is located in a different building, if that helps.

The 1602s list boot version 15.2.2.0, IOS version 15.2(4)JA1$, and Mini IOS version 7.4.1.37.

The syslogs on the vWLC aren't showing anything about association or authentication failures, so I'm puzzled. I'm not sure where to look next. Anyone seen this before?

Jefferson

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Sounds like a bug in the WLC

Sounds like a bug in the WLC firmware.  You may need to upgrade to 7.6.120.X.

Bronze

Hi,Yes, along with this you

Hi,

Yes, along with this you need to upgrade the firmware of AP 1042s and then check this issue.

Thank you, gentlemen!I am now

Thank you, gentlemen!

I am now getting my SmartNETs for the vWLC in order so that I can take these steps. I really appreciate your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies