Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wifi bridge between two buildings

I need your suggestion about wifi bridge connection between two buildings: the distance about up to 500 meters; the height of roof top from this side is about near 200 meters, other is about 50 meters but no obstructions between them. I plan to use Aironet 1530E (AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9) with AIR-ANT5114P2M-N antenna without using controller, means we will use the “SWAP1530-CMB-A1-K9”. It is possible if we run RJ45 cable from Aironet to our LAN system with the distance about 100 meters? I think we need run fiber optic cable in this case. Is it right? Please suggest me, and let me know which parts we should buy and how much for them when we build them.

Thank a lot.

3 REPLIES

So long as you are within

So long as you are within ethernet standards for cable, that should work.

--

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

If you want to create a

If you want to create a Bridge, this equipment is perfect for it, remember that cabling is 100 mts point to point including patch cords.

Regards,

Alberto B.

Thanks alot

Thanks alot

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content