cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi Clients can't see workgroup computers

NeutAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a Cisco 2504, and a small number of 2602i APs running v7.5.  Clients can connect to the internet just fine, but they can't seem to see other workgroup computers.  I can connect to LAN computers via IP address, but not by computer name.

I'm no expert on NetBIOS, and we don't have a WINS server running.  I'm assuming I overlooked something during my configuration of the 2504, but I haven't been able to find the setting yet.  Does anyone have some suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Yahya Jaber
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

i have some questions:

1.if you used a wired client on the same VLAN of the wireless, would it be able to see the workgroup PC's?

2.for the computer access via name, do you have your internal DNS configured on the DHCP server?

Wired Clients on the same VLAN work as expected.

DNS is configured on the DHCP server, and DNS lookups work fine.

Turns out, I just needed to enable Broadcast Forwarding.  I also set my Multicast Group Address to 239.1.0.0.  This problem is resolved; thanks.

Wired Clients on the vlan 1 but wifi client on the vlan 0 untage vlan on the wlc 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: