Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WIFI on 2504. Users can't see any computers in "My network places".

Hello. I'm using 2504 CISCO controller and three AIR-CAP2602I-R-K9 access points. So I organized simple WIFI network with AES encryption. Users can easily connect to the proper SSID and after put a login have Internet access.But they just can't see any computers or shared folders on servers in "My Network Places". If I connect any workstation by wire I haven't this problem. So the issue appears only during WIFI access to the LAN.

Please advise, what can I change in 2504 settings.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WIFI on 2504. Users can't see any computers in "My network p

The only thing that can prevent this is enabling P2P blocking on the WLAN. This can be found in the WLAN advanced tab.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WIFI on 2504. Users can't see any computers in "My network place

WIFI problem.png

Hello. You mean this setting? (see picture). I've tried to apply all three different variants ("disabled", "drop" & "Forward-Upstream") But every time it doesn't help.

VIP Purple

WIFI on 2504. Users can't see any computers in "My network place

Can you check your firewalls settings ???

Regards

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WIFI on 2504. Users can't see any computers in "My network p

The WLC doesn't block this unless P2P blocking is enabled. The easiest way to test is to create an open SSID and map that WLAN to an existing wired Vlan. Doesn't tweak the WLAN except for making it wide open. Them associate your wireless client to that new SSID and see if they see the resources.

That is the configuration I was telling you about that you had a screen shot of. As long as that is disabled, you should be able to see the resources.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies