Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

wifi testing

Our company has a centralized IS department. We go out to the remote sites, do a site survey and install a wirless network. But over time the layout of the building may change and that in turn will cause a change in RF reception. I am looking for a small, simple device that I can give to a user at the remote site, so they could verify signal quality. One thought was a cheap PDA with a 350 card and ACU. Another thought was a product called 'Airmagnet'. Does anyone have experience with this type of device?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: wifi testing

Yes. Airmagnet is a great tool for site surveys, but is a little pricey. I think it's around $2000. Your best bet would be a laptop or PDA with a Cisco 350 client card in it.

So, does acu work pretty well on a ce version PDA? All the user needs to see is signal and noise. Thanks!

Hi!

I have a great solution for you, check the Yellow Jacket! http://www.bvsystems.com/Products/WLAN/Yellowjacket/yellowjacket.htm

If you don't want to spend money, you can always use a normal laptop with Netstumbler.

Cheers,

Francisco.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content