cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

will AIR-BR1310AG-E-K9-R work with AIR-BR-1310AG-E-K9?

Abayomi Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Y'all?

I need help with this .

I need to establish a point-to-point link using 2  aironet1310AG radio's using external antennas (AIR-BR1310AG-E-K9-R). However while installing due to power surge, one of the radios blew out. While the replacement available is the integrated antenna type (AIR-BR1310AG-E-K9). Can this be used to replace the burnt out radio?

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They will work just fine. The one with integrated antenna (with no R in part number) has an intergrated 17dbi gain antenna, but for the rest it's just the same box.

Nicolas.

Thanks a lot Nicholas,

So  will it work despite the fact that the link will cover a distance of about 2.5 - 3 kilometres?

Cheers,

Abayomi

Don't make me say what I didn't say :-)

The antenna has very high gain so yes, if your link was working normally before it will work fine.

What is the usual trap ? That sometimes, people don't configure antenna gain. So they keep the maximum transmit power of AP at 17dbm and have maybe a 17dbm gain antenna external, so the EIRP is 34dbm which is way over the regulations.

If that was the case, then you will be disappointed since the internal antenna is forcing an ap output power of 3dbm (3dbm+antenna at 17= 20dbm EIRP which is regulatory maximum).

So if you were following the law, it will work. If you had too much power, this won't have the same coverage :-)

Hello Nicholas,

This radio ships with a 13dbi integrated anntenna, while the external anntena used with the other one is 24dbi

Unfortunately, we had not even tested the link before the bow out happened,

Regards,

Yomi

You will need to try.

If you had a good signal margin before (i.e. if signal strength was very good), it might still be working. If you were on the limit already, then the lower gain antenna will impact you, especially added to the fact that the power will really be limited to 1mw (so a real 20dbm counting antenna gain).

If you got the wrong part, I would suggest swapping it against a -R then.

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card