Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Windows XP SP2 with EAP-PEAP

We are using WindowsXP SP2 zero configuration and ACS4.0 with EAP-PEAP authentication. The wireless client authenticaiton is ok, but our concern is the client's ID/Passwords is saved in Windows and is not popup ID/Passwords request after first auth success. Is there any option about not saving user ID/Passwords on zero configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Windows XP SP2 with EAP-PEAP

Windows does cache the credentials by default. There is a reg key you can delete to clear them out, but it will chache them again the next time. Your best bet would be a 3rd party utility if that is a concern. Most NICs come with a utility such as ProSet. Otherwise, Cisco just released their new client which is working great in a trial here. It even allows for login before login to windows. It is the old Meetinghouse supplicant that they purchased. Similarly, Funk is now owned by Juniper, so you would have to talk to Juniper for that supplicant.

-Eric

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Kwon,

there is a way.

Open Zero config and navigate to:

Go to Authentication Tab -> Properties -> Configure -> and untick the entry "Automatically use my windows logon name and password"

I Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Frank

P.S. Please rate usefull posts

Thanks your reply, but I have already unckecked it "Automatically use my windows logon name and password". The ID/Passwords request bubble is not popup. Maybe i should use a agent utility as funk oddysey or thirt party util. right?

Silver

Windows does cache the credentials by default. There is a reg key you can delete to clear them out, but it will chache them again the next time. Your best bet would be a 3rd party utility if that is a concern. Most NICs come with a utility such as ProSet. Otherwise, Cisco just released their new client which is working great in a trial here. It even allows for login before login to windows. It is the old Meetinghouse supplicant that they purchased. Similarly, Funk is now owned by Juniper, so you would have to talk to Juniper for that supplicant.

-Eric

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content