Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wired Guest Network

To the forum,

I am trying to create a guest wired network using my WLC 4402 (5.2.193.0). I have attached a diagram of basic lay out. I am using this document - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml - as a guide. The problem is I have a single WLC and not anchor in the DMZ. When I try to configure a ingress interface for the "WLAN" my only option is none.

My plan is trunk the layer 2 link that terminates on my perimeter firewall with both VLAN 199 (Guest wireless) and VLAN 198 (Guest Wired).

I would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions.

Doug

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Wired Guest Network

Doug,

You must create a "guest LAN" layer 2 interface on the WLC.  This will be the ingress interface on the L2 vlan the wired guest will be in. Then the egress interface is going to be the L3 network those clients will actually have their IPs in.

Lee

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Doug,

You must create a "guest LAN" layer 2 interface on the WLC.  This will be the ingress interface on the L2 vlan the wired guest will be in. Then the egress interface is going to be the L3 network those clients will actually have their IPs in.

Lee

Lee,

Thank you for the input. I see I missed a step on the document referenced above. I'll try this in the morning.

Again thanks for the assistance!

Doug

Views
Helpful
Replies