Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

wired rogue detector

I'm unable to see my 1130 I've setup as a rogue detector after creating a trunk on the port it's connected to. If I remove the trunk and put it into a switchport mode access I can see it fine. The trunk shows as up on the 4510 switch side. I've tried a crossover cable on the trunk, but still no luck. The documentation I've read, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080722d8c.shtml

just describes it as being plugged into a trunk, nothing else, but am I missing part of the configuration?

thank you,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: wired rogue detector

Hi Bill,

Your AP is on a trunk so that it can get the ARP requests... but it also needs to get to a controller. SO if your AP was originally in VLAN 6, for example, you should set your trunk to native vlan 6 (switchport trunk native vlan 6), so that the AP can still get to the controller...

hth

Jerome

3 REPLIES

Hi Bill,

Your AP is on a trunk so that it can get the ARP requests... but it also needs to get to a controller. SO if your AP was originally in VLAN 6, for example, you should set your trunk to native vlan 6 (switchport trunk native vlan 6), so that the AP can still get to the controller...

hth

Jerome

That did it, thank you very much Jerome.

Cool!

Thanks for grading (grading is very useful for other people to know that the thread contains the solution if they have a similar question), so 5 points for you for grading!

Take care

Jerome

Views
Helpful
Replies