cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 1310 AP vs. 1242 AP

thphan
Level 1
Level 1

my customer wants to know what are the advantage of using the 1310 as AP vs using 1242 AP for outdoor users. We know that we can wired the 1242 internally within the building and extend the antennas to outdoor for outdoor users. I know that the 1310 is for outdoor but is there anything else that can help us get the client to buy the 1310 instead of using 1242. We do not do bridging.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thu,

Have a read of this excellent NetPro review by Sankar. If there were ever a reason to buy a certain Cisco product, this review would be it!!

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=PR&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd9cdfd

Good luck,

Rob

thphan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Rob.

I understand the capabilities of 1310. What is the technical reason for the client to buy 1310 vs having a 1242 indoor with extended antenna for outdoor connection. The Web interface are pretty much the same. They are not doing bridging. IT is only to use as an AP. So why should the client buys the 1310 for outdoor users.

Our client is asking this question and I need to provide him technical answers. I have none right now.

Any technical assistance from anyone would be very helpful.

If you have not recieved any answers up to this point please respond and I will give you some technical pro/con as to the difference between the solutions.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card