cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 2504 and 3 APs

Doug Charboneau
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know how to connect three APs dirrectly to the 2504 and have them work. In the past I have utilized a separate POE switch and had no issues, but I am having a hard time trying to utilize the three open ports. So instead of the normal config where I would connect one management port to my switch and all my aps to the switch I want to not use a switch and connect my three aps directly to the 2504. I do already have a power injector for one of the units too.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Doug,

This is technically not supported but will work. Also things like multicast will not work. Give this thread a read

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2104303

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Doug,

This is technically not supported but will work. Also things like multicast will not work. Give this thread a read

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2104303

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's always suggested to connect the switch to the other ports on the WLC other than the management but if you like to connect your AP directly to the two POE port 3 and 4 that is possible and the other AP to port 2 with power injector that is also possible but that is not suggested and not supported by Cisco.

Doug Charboneau
Level 1
Level 1

This does work the key is you need to set the internal dhcp scope on the wlc as the ap will not get the address from the dhcp server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: