Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless access point for guest, works until connecting to vlan

I have setup a wireless access point linksys to our local cable modem internet for guest to have wireless access without being on our main network.  I have created a set of 6 ports on our 3560 stack as a seperate vlan and was hoping to jump the cable modem into that vlan and then hang the the linksys wap off of that.   When I do that, Im able to take a wired computer and get to internet via cable modem and vlan, but pc's connecting via the wap do not get to the internet.   Im sure it something simple im missing.  Ive tried trunking the port that goes from wap to vlan but no change in results.  any suggestions?

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: wireless access point for guest, works until connecting to v

Hi,

So just to verify if I understand your situation, you want to connect your Linksys access point to your 3560 switch as well as your modem? And you want to have the guest access in a separate VLAN?

If this is the case, then you just have to configure ports on the 3560 switch as access ports with the VLAN number you wish.

Tell me if this works.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: wireless access point for guest, works until connecting to v

As long as the cable modem and the access point are on the same vlan, you should have no problems.  This setup acts as if the access point is connected to a 6 port cable modem.  Like the other post suggested, make sure that all the ports are access ports and not trunk ports.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content