Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Aironet connectivity

ctinajero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I provide support to end users at the IBM Toronto Lab Software. We use Aironet 340 and 350 cards. I just noticed that the users cannot connect from one laptop to another using wireless cards. Pinging returns host unrechable. The machines are on the same subnet and connected to the same AP. If I connect one of the machines to the Ethernet cable. Then, they are able to talk.

Any ideas?

Carlos T.

2 Replies 2

kagodfrey
Level 3
Level 3

Could be that you have PSPF enabled on your access points:

"Block Inter-Client Communication with PSPF Feature

Publicly Secure Packet Forwarding (PSPF) prevents client devices associated to a bridge or access point from inadvertently sharing files with other client devices on the wireless network. PSPF provides Internet access to client devices without providing other capabilities of a LAN. With PSPF enabled, client devices cannot communicate with other client devices on the wireless network. This feature is useful for public wireless networks like those installed in airports or on college campuses."

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/prod_release_note09186a008007f7b8.html#xtocid5)

HTH

Kev

Hi Kev,

I spoke with the networking guys, and they told me that they enabled PSPF on the APs.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Carlos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card