Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Wireless AP 3500

Hi,

I have a new wireless configuration on a 5508 WLC. the controller is licensed for 12 AP's.

I have plugged 8 AP's into the wireless vlan and 6 out of 8 come up with IP address and connect to the controller, broadcast two configured SSID's all seems good with them, but i have two AP's that do not get IP addresses.

they are in the correct vlan i can plug a laptop into the group of ports in the val and get an IP address. So it seems to be just the AP's that don't. if i look at the consol of the AP it says: Waiting for PHY to auto negotiate ...

then it say timed out and continues to "boot with errors" then it continues to complain that it has no ip address. I have rebooted a few times and changed ports, and patch cables.

any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Wireless AP 3500

Waiting for PHY to auto negotiate ...

then it say timed out and continues to "boot with errors"

Post the entire bootup process of the WAPs in question.  I have a strange feeling this is due to a cable issue (I know you've said you've changed the patch cables).

Can you also elaborate the exact model of your switch (if it's Cisco, of course).

Re: Wireless AP 3500

It seems it was the cables. I just tried something crazy and swapped the patch cable again and both AP’s came up.

Thanks for the quick response!

Keith Adams | Systems Engineer | direct 408.567.4211 | cell 408.838.7579

<>

Wireless AP 3500

It seems to be the cable after all. i just swapped them out with anther new set of patch cables and they both booted and recieved IP address.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content