Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Authentication With Active Directory

There is requirement to enable single SSID around various geographical locations (like US,UK,China etc..)

The expectation is that when users move around these countries, their laptops connect to the wireless network and the authentication is based on the native active directory (i.e an user from china connecting to UK wireless network would get authenticated from china AD). These setup is currently working as we have AD trust between US,UK and China. But a similar solution needs to be implemented for other countries (like Singapore, Malasiya) but the problem is that there is no AD trust between these countries. So is there any way we can achieve the authentication with out the AD trust ( that is a Singapore user going to UK and connecting to UK wireless network and get authenticated by Singapore AD even though there is no AD trust between UK an Singapore AD domains)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Wireless Authentication With Active Directory

Can you please supply more info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sorry I forgot to mention that we are using Cisco WLC and Cisco ACS which is integrated with local AD in all locations

Take a look at this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22475

-Scott

Hi mate,

Thanks fir sharing the document. Unfortunately my requirement is not listed in the document. As I said before the wireless authentication is working fine for the countries we have AD trust. The problem is only for locations where there is no AD trust how can I get user credentials validated from remote AD

Ah okay... Well I believe ACS can only be a member of one domain. So you need to have a trust between AD to work the way you want it.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content