cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless balancing

rockey
Level 1
Level 1

Hii All, i want to configure failover/balancing in wireless device.( we want to run 2 parellel link if one is down then 2nd will start automatically and work is go on contins....)

7 Replies 7

are you referring to wireless bridge ? What products do you have to achieve this  ?

Rasika

No, i am not refering to wireless bridge m only prefer wireless access point if any access point give to functionality wireless bridege then no issue...

i am not aware any product to complete my requirement if you have any idea about this i.e any company , then please share me product and how to configure auto failover...( my two link is two different isp )

i am waiting for your positive response....

Sorry, did not understand your requirement clearly. Pls post a topology diagram (show how these ISP links connect & wireless AP connects or hope to connect) to understand  what is your requirement.

Rasika

ok

my one of the customer want :-

two different isp give a two different ip and they want to configure ip on it .

and client get a ip via dhcp .

if one of the isp is down then client get auto ip to another isp.

This does not seems like wireless related.

If they have a router to terminate those two internet links then they can configure routing policy to prefer one ISP over the other. 

Cisco wireless AP does not have any NAT functionality  so it has to be behind any L3 device on their LAN.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Ok thanks.. For.your response..

hi Himanshu, We can try to look for the best product to suit your requirements please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com so we can try to pin point what solution Cisco can provide. hope to hear from you soon!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card