Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Bridge 1300 AP's Autonymous - BVI1 and Bridge Group Question

Hello All,

I'am setting up two 1300's as a wireless bridge but I'am not going to be using vlan 1 in the network, vlan 2 is my managent.  Does that mean I will not be able to manage the wireless bridges because only bridge group 1 can route ip?

I set up the Wireless Bridges with the infrastructure vlan as vlan 2 on the SSID and I created a BVI2 on both AP's.  I shut down my BVI1 on both sides.  The AP's associate with each other but i couldn't telnet or ping across the bridge on the vlan 2.  I then switched back to the vlan 1 as the infrastructure vlan and i turned BVI1's back up.  I was then able to ping and telnet across the wireless bridge between the bridges.

So with the setup I want the Bridges will only be managable locally via console?

The other question I have is that I have a vlan 900 for voice going across the bridge however bridge-group #'s only go up to 255,  will my vlan 900 traffic still pass across the bridge without the bridge-group configuration on the dot11 and fa0 subinterfaces?  Thanks

Thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Bridge 1300 AP's Autonymous - BVI1 and Bridge Group

No need to create BVI2.. BVI 1 is enough and map the SSID to the Valn 2.. this will be enough to get the wireless network up and running. the switch port config should be a trunk allowing all the vlans.

regarding the voice vlan.. just create the sub interafce on the bridge. this is resolve the issue.

Regards

Surendra

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Bridge 1300 AP's Autonymous - BVI1 and Bridge Group

No need to create BVI2.. BVI 1 is enough and map the SSID to the Valn 2.. this will be enough to get the wireless network up and running. the switch port config should be a trunk allowing all the vlans.

regarding the voice vlan.. just create the sub interafce on the bridge. this is resolve the issue.

Regards

Surendra

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content